Development of the pontoon boat using analytical calculation methods, numerical simulation methods and physical model tests.
In case of a catastrophe or a natural disaster, the emergency management in Germany intervenes. For this purpose, emergency management requires innovative vehicles and tools. A multifunctional platform had to be developed for the special needs of water-based emergency management. The fields of application are for example evacuations in case of floods, supply of humanitarian aid, oil damage control, securing of dikes, investigation of the surrounding area, transfer of emergency vehicles and many more. The many different applications and the use under extreme conditions lead to a very complex catalog of requirements.
In the collaborative project, the DST focused on the naval engineering development of the pontoon boat using analytical calculation methods, numerical simulation methods and model tests. The DST defined the ship’s technical requirements and designed a form-optimized hull with a matching propulsion, propeller and coupling concept. Model tests were used to determine the power requirements of the modular pontoon boat in various configurations. In this context, tests were also carried out in waves to investigate the seakeeping performance.
In a later phase of the project, a prototype (several pontoon boats) were built and successfully tested on the Mittelweser. During the final event, the performance of the developed pontoon boat system was presented to the public on the Elbe River at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg.
- BMWK (30.11.2021 ): Press release – Maritime Wirtschaft
- General Dynamics (21.10.1021): General Dynamics European Land Systems introduces pontoon boat system
- SZENARIS (11.2021): Virtual reality visualization and training system for the development of an optimized multifunctional pontoon boat (PoBo)
- THW (30.11.2021): Presentation of a new, floating platform with exploration drone
- Dezember 2018 – Dezember 2021
- Jens Ley
Tel.: 0203 9936-9-30
- Joachim Zöllner
Tel.: 0203 9936-9-40
- General Dynamics European Land Systems-Bridge Systems GmbH
- DST – Entwicklungszentrum für Schiffstechnik und Transportsysteme e. V.
- SZENARIS GmbH
- Stadt Wesel
- Bundesanstalt Technisches Hilfswerk (THW)
- Landeshauptstadt Kiel
- Technische Universität Kaiserslautern